Auckland International College
Auckland International College – Homestay
Homestay is a rewarding experience for students by allowing them to become a part of a New Zealand family.
The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016 (including amendments 2019) requires schools to ensure that students coming to study in New Zealand are safe and properly cared for. Therefore students living in homestay are required to live in AIC homestay only, organised and managed by AIC and AIC’s homestay provider.
All families are police-vetted, and regularly monitored through home visits and interviews with the student.
- A bedroom with a desk and chair for studying
- Bedside lamp
- Bed with linen and warm bedding
- A heater, rubbish bin and laundry basket
- A chest of drawers and/or wardrobe
- Three meals a day, seven days a week
- Initial airport pickup
- Internet access
- Students are expected to help with minor chores like setting the table and doing the dishes at meal times, making their beds and keeping their room clean and tidy.